Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Afternoon at Snowbasin














First off - don't I have the cutest kids ever?? And really, I can't take credit for most of the pictures - Danica was playing with the camera for a good part of the walk and took all the close ups of the kids faces (hence hers isn't in there) and the scencery pictures. We went on a family walk to pass off a scouting requirement for Myles at Snowbasin last Sunday. It was very nice. We found a HUGE wasp nest and Myles knew what kind of wasp (paper wasp) and how they use their salivia to make the paper nest. That child amazes me. It was fun.
This weekend, I went to my mom's house Friday ate dinner and then went to Ethan's football game. They won!! YEAH!! Ethan caught a pass for a touchdown and made a tackle that knocked the guys tooth out but he was mad because he had one dropped pass. You can't be perfect all the time though right? It was fun. Then Saturday am we went picking chokecherries. My kids whined and whined even though I kept telling them the story of the little red hen - you don't pick the berries you don't get the chokecherry jelly. Luckily mom and Aunt Denise where there to help pick berries or we never would have gotten enough. I also got stung by a bee right on my lip!!! I am going to have to go to lip rehab with Larry the Cucumber!! It hurt really bad! I put a penny on and held it on for 5 minutes and it really worked - it took the pain away. However, not the swelling. I had a nice onesided fat lip this morning. One of my friends asked me at church - "did you get braces" and I said "no, I got lip implants - I'm going for the pamela anderson look". She looked at me and didn't say anything and I started to laugh adn told her I got stung by a bee and she said "I was really worried - you never know these days!" HAHAHAAAA - Anyway, after we got home from picking - we juiced ALLLLLLLLLL the berries and made one batch of chokecherry jelly. 32 cups of juice makes only 7 1/2 quarts of choke cherry jelly just in case you were wondering! Seems like a lot of work for not very much. ANyway, it is delicious!
Today, Sunday, I was going to take my kids to the Morgan park and try to scout out a place to take Barney pictures but a storm rolled in and lots of wind and rain - so instead we played Clue. A couple of weeks ago we played Life - and I am not sure which game is more painful. Life is not bad but it is SOOOOO long - and Clue - is hard with little kids and everyone sees everyones cards and they still can't figure it out!!! I don't know what we are going to do tomorrow for Labor Day- we were going to go 4 wheeling one more time but it is still suppose to be rainy and COLD!!! My tomotoes better be okay - I have only eaten ONE red one so far!!! Anyway, have a good night.

8 comments:

Kami said...

I LOVE the pictures of Anders!!! That kid is adorable. Your bee story reminds me of the Veggie Tales song where a kid was stung by a bee on his lip and the song was all about "I love my lips." I loved that you said you had lip implants. HEE. HEE.

Kayli said...

Wow--Danica has some mad photog skills! Way to go! And yes, your kids are SOOOOO cute! Anders' face is toooooo adorable!

That looks like it was a fun fun walk.

I'm jealous that you get to have chokecherry jelly. My absolute favorite way to have it is on crepes with cream cheese and chokecherry jelly. MMMMMmmm!

Sorry about your lip, but that was hilarious that the girl at church almost believed you. HA!

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Hey Megs, thanks for the compliments on my chore charts. It is the second day and going strong! In case you wanted to see another version of what I'm doing I copied this site address for you. It isn't where you buy the thing, but it is explained really well with lots of pictures. Anyway, if I'd had $20 bucks lying around--I probably would have just bought this.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/
homeandgarden/2008/08/
choreganizers-motivation-
for-helping-around-the-house/

The Haws Family said...

Dude your kids are adorable.

Timothy Young said...

I'd just like to point out that 32 cups converts to 8 quarts, so 7 1/2 quarts of chokecherry jelly from 32 cups of juice seems like a pretty decent yield, considering that the process likely involves some sort of boiling.

Traci Barney said...

Love the pictures. Looks like a great time.

Sheena Searls said...

oh, yummy!! I am all out of my chokcherry sryup. I am all sorts of jealous!