Friday, January 9, 2009

Virtue Handout


Andrea (mom, dad, Andrea and I went to the temple today - it was great except mom's stomach was growling so loud I couldn't even hear the temple ceremony!!) was harassing me at the temple(of all places) about not blogging - I do have good intentions of blogging but somehow it never happens but anyway, here are some going ons in my life. I worked Tuesday a 24hr shift and it was busy as it has been lately. Then Wednesday I was in charge on the YW Personal Progress Progressive dinner. I made chicken tortilla soup and finished my mini lesson on patriarchal blessings and got the salad ready for the other house, cleaned my living room and stuff like that. Wednesday night I had all the YW divide into three groups and then each group went to a different house. One house was dessert, one was salad and mine was the soup. We did a mini lesson on a value experience and then ate then each group rotated. It was fun I think. I feel like saying "buehler, buehler?" because the YW do not participate at all. Yesterday, I made bread in the morning and did laundry and then after Lynnaea left for Kindergarten I ran into to town - I needed to go to Deseret Book and Michaels to get stuff for the new virtue value. So, thanks to Kayli for reminding me of the scripture that says a virteous women is more valuable than rubies - that is what I used for this handout. It is a gold favor bag from Michaels (gold is the color for the new value virtue) and it is full of little red rocks AKA rubies. It has the scripture attached Proverbs 31:10 in case you were wondering and the quote from Sister Elaine Dalton "I believe one virtueos women, led by the Spirit, can change the world." I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I am going to pass them out after I do my little presentation on virtue. I decided to buy a people magazine to flip through as a visual for what the world wants us to think is okay to dress and act. I jogged 4 miles today adn yesterday - and now my knee is killing me. Danica has a basketball game at 8:00am tomorrow - that is just brutal and then Myles, Jared and her are going to the Jazz game at 7:00pm. The kids got tickets throught the JrJazz program.
Here is something that Lynnaea said yesterday that I don't know if I should think it is funny or if I should be disturbed:
Lynnaea "here are some things that are different between dad and you. Dad likes to play and you like to clean."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

Haha Lynnaea is so funny! She said that to me once when Wyatt was out there! We sat down for dinner and shes all, "All we did today was clean and now we are eating dinner." I was all, "Uhh, you just played all day until 5 min. ago when I asked you to clean up!" Shes all, "Oh yeah!" Haha.

Kayli said...

Yes! I am brilliant to help you with your handout.

That was a funny thing to say. That's why dad's are always the favorites--they don't do housework!!