Thursday, January 29, 2009

At Work

I am sitting here at work writing this instead of writing my presentation. More about that later. There is a patient here who is in labor but wants to go natural. Why - I don't know but I am forced to stay here in case she changes her mind. There was a girl her Tuesday when I worked who wanted to go natural and she did change her mind but too late and screamed so loud for so long I had to go hide in my call room. You should have seen the faces of the families of other patients. I have to work two 24hr shifts this week - two of the guys I work with are out of town- plus Friday morning I am working at Rocky Mountain OB and then Saturday I have a Utah Nurse Anesthestist Association meeting to attend. Tuesday was one of the 24hr shifts and today is the other. Yesterday (Wednesday) - I had to do dinner club when I got home from work and do my stuff for YW's that night. I usually cook Mondays but the Wednesday lady needed to switch because she had to go to a funeral. Anyway, so Wednesday night at 5:00pm while I am delivering meals, checking homeworks, shuttling kids here and there, and listening to kids reading a coworker calls and says he needs a big favor. He also went on to say that instead of driving to SLC on Saturday and paying for the meeting- how would I like to get paid an honorium and have my $175 fee refunded? I said it sounded good. He said I just had to give a 45 minute presentation on Pregnancy induced hypertension. No problem said I as I ran around doing other stuff - good said he and hung up. I have since thought about it more and I am an idiot. This was 5:00pm wednesday night - we had dinner and FHE after that (kids have piano now on Mondays - Jared taught the lesson on the Plan of Salvation and did awesome) - then I had YW's. Today I have been at work all day - did 3 c-sections and as mentioned I have to work tomorrow in the am at an office- then I have an eye appt for contacts after that. That leaves Friday night to prepare this presentation. I am stressed. All well. It is only 45 minutes in front of all the CRNA's in Utah!! I guess I should go work on it. I am getting up. I am leaving. Adios.

1 comment:

The Haws Family said...

Exchange some of your shuttling kids for being on several committees(one too many I decided) that need hours of support or actual leadership functions fulfilled, a few too many tests with so much information I can't just pretend like I know it and take it anyway, having an eye exam so that I can stop wearing two right contacts(which will make it so I can't study a textbook AH!) and ridiculously agreeing to babysit....I feel your pain. Although, while babysitting my eyes will be dilated anyway so it turned out all right. I'm excited to help with Special Olympics, just wish it had been another weekend. One thing at a time I suppose. But call me if you need help with the power point and stuff!